Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Expanded Lego Batman Bank

Liam and I got one of the new Lego Batman sets (#6864).  It's quite fun, especially with the side of the bank that pops out.  Here's what it looks like:


The Batmobile is great fun. The Two-Face truck is pretty good.  The bank's window has some mega play power.  The safe even opens!

Well, everything was great until we decided we needed a much bigger bank.  That's when Liam and I decided to alter it.  We wanted to keep the safe, he windows that smash out, and the look of the bank... but we wanted the bank to be bigger.

I had a tough time finding enough of the yellow-brown bricks, but along with some dark sandy colored ones, we did a pretty good job, I think.  Liam was determined to make the floors blue and red tiled.  I know, it doesn't fit the style perfectly, but when a 5-year-old makes up his mind, that's pretty much the end of the debate.  Here's a look at what we came up with:












So fun.  Liam told me I had to put our Lego bank up so everyone can see.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment